Obtaining gems Edit
There are several ways for obtaining gems:
- Find gems on top of platforms
- Collecting coins (1000 coins= 1 gem)
- Completing wordgames
- Through the mystery box
Free gems Edit
The Free gems features offers gems for free. The feaute is accessible via the Free Gems button in the ground-level screen, or through the dedicated button in the Gems section of the shop. The player can then earn gems through two ways:
- By liking Froggy Jump on Facebook (3 gems)
- Downloading any of the available apps in the "Earn Gems" screen (each gives a different reward, from 1 to several hundreds of gems)
Gem drop frequency Edit
When it come to finding gems on platforms in the game, the player starts with a low probability of finding ones. This probability, however, can be increased in 2 different ways:
Gem equipment Edit
Some equipment has gem-related effects. Gem-related equipment is listed here:
Gold bar Edit
- See main article: Gold bar
Gold bars are available in the shop for 9 gems. The player can buy as many gold bars as he wants, and each one gives a 4% boost in gem drop rate. In other words, the more gold bars the player has, the more effective new gold bars become.
Gem indicator Edit
- See main article: Gem indicator
The Gem indicator marks with an arrow the position of gems before their platforms appear on the screen.
Gem magnet Edit
- See main article: Gem magnet
The Gem magnet pulls gems towards the player, and therefore makes missing a gem very unlikely.
Underwater theme Edit
As mentioned earlier, the Underwater theme gives a 20% gem drop rate boost. But in addition to that, it also provides a built-in gem magnet.